Travel grant application
The travel grant application process has changed. Click here to download the travel grant application.
Please note that you will need to submit your completed application package to the GSA mailbox located in Room 210 of Jesse Hall.
A complete travel grant application now includes:
- A completed travel grant application form (with a real signature, i.e., not a photocopied or digital signature);
- A personal statement detailing why this conference was beneficial to you and your professional goals. Please fill this out thoughtfully and thoroughly as it will be heavily considered in the travel grant process.
- Abstract/outline/written description of your presentation (or explanation of reasons for attending the professional development activity);
- A photocopy of the page(s) on the conference program that includes your name and activities;
- The original receipts (airplane ticket, hotel, etc.) for expenses you are asking to be reimbursed. An acceptable receipt must show the amount and form of payment. For air travel, include your credit card or bank statement that includes the payment (blacking out sensitive information) as well as the original boarding pass. Reimbursement for airfare CANNOT be awarded if the original boarding pass is not provided. For hotel or registration fee, the receipt from the hotel or professional association is fine so long as it shows your payment (and not just the charges).
- *IMPORTANT NOTICE* The credit card or bank statement showing the payment for any type of expense. Note well: make sure the bank statement contains your name. And if the bank statement does not have your name on it, then provide proof that you are an authorized user of the account. Or if the account is someone else’s who you reimbursed then see the tab on this webpage entitled “Eligibility” and the section entitled “Grant Awards on Indirect Purchases. (Please be aware this information is not located on the travel application, but is important to follow.)